Yes, in the beginning, I really thought that simply being in love was all it took to make a relationship last forever. But what I gradually learned over twenty years was that maintaining a happy fulfilling long-term relationship required having certain skills and an understanding that neither one of us had. The same situation exists for millions of other couples all over the world who start out deeply in love and over time, the love they once shared gradually disappears. It is so sad that we spend our entire lives getting an education in all kinds of other subjects, except in the one area of our lives that has so much impact and importance on our entire life for as long as we live. The reason I am saying this is because it is the relationship that results in families being created and children being born. This is simply a part of the Cycle of Life. However, due to the fact most people have so little of an understanding of the dynamics of what it takes to maintain and cultivate a healthy, happy, long-term relationship, most relationships or marriages do not last, forever. And when a couple breaks up, especially if they have children. The children are the ones who suffer the greatest loss. Which is so sad. What is even sadder is the fact that most every relationship starts off the same way with a couple who is so deeply in love with each other. However, if the couple knew the Secrets you are about to learn, they would have the opportunity to make love last, forever.
Well, as I began to realize the critical nature of the dilemma, I was in, which was the realization that I did not know what I needed to know in order to keep love alive forever, I then began doing some very extensive research into why people fall in love and what was needed in order to stay in love forever. In order to do this, I began reading every book I could find on the subject of love and relationships. I spent hours and hours and months and months reading everything I could find in bookstores, or in the library. I did this for 20 years. I also began buying all of those relationship programs that used to be advertised on late night television, too! Not to mention, having lots of deep and painful conversations with my parents and other couples who had been married for at least 40-50 years. I also attended all kinds of marriage seminars and marriage counseling sessions.
Then, to add to my research, I also approached this learning process from a scientific standpoint, because when I was in college, I majored in biology and I minored in chemistry. So for me, no research is complete until it has been analyzed from a scientific perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment